1-4 of 4 Search Results for

Jominy end-quench testing

Follow your search
Access your saved searches in your account

Would you like to receive an alert when new items match your search?
Close Modal
Sort by
Series: ASM Failure Analysis Case Histories
Volume: 1
Publisher: ASM International
Published: 01 December 1992
DOI: 10.31399/asm.fach.v01.c9001111
EISBN: 978-1-62708-214-3
.... The hardenability ofA517 grade F steel melted by the original supplier was very poor (see plate A, Figs. 5 and 6 ). The EQH test bar from plate A developed only 60% martensite at a Jominy distance of 13 mm ( 1 2 in.) from the quenched end. The remaining 40% consisted of a coarse intermediate...
Series: ASM Handbook Archive
Volume: 11
Publisher: ASM International
Published: 01 January 2002
DOI: 10.31399/asm.hb.v11.a0003566
EISBN: 978-1-62708-180-1
... to a specified hardness within the range 38 to 60 HRC using the Jominy end-quench technique. One end of the cylinder rested on three anvils heat treated to a hardness of 61 HRC. The anvils were positioned so that they had equal overlaps with the end of the test sample, the test areas being separated by a 120...
Series: ASM Handbook Archive
Volume: 11
Publisher: ASM International
Published: 01 January 2002
DOI: 10.31399/asm.hb.v11.a0003510
EISBN: 978-1-62708-180-1
... in.) after the indicated heat treatments. These bars were quenched vertically with one end down (marked “0” in the figure). (a) and (c) show no transformation, thermal strain only after water quenching from 680 °C (1260 °F). (b) and (d) show thermal and transformation strains after quenching from 850 °C...
Series: ASM Handbook
Volume: 11A
Publisher: ASM International
Published: 30 August 2021
DOI: 10.31399/asm.hb.v11A.a0006816
EISBN: 978-1-62708-329-4
... Specification of alloy chemistry (“H” grades) Specification of hardenability (hardness at specific “J” positions on Jominy end quench) Alloy selection Some steel grades prone to macrosegregation of chromium (banding) or gross segregation of manganese (AISI 1340, 1536, 4140H, 4340) Quench...